Move to Fairbury

I’m moving to Fairbury.  What do I need to do?

If you are purchasing a home in Fairbury, please call City Hall to transfer water, sewer and garbage into your name.  City Hall is open Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and can be reached at 815.692.2743.  Speak with Chris for all utility billing concerns and questions.

If you are renting a property in Fairbury, you don’t need to do anything regarding water, sewer and garbage.  This bill will stay in the PROPERTY OWNER’S name and address.  It will be up to the property owner to get the bill to the renter.  If your landlord does NOT get your bill to you in a timely manner, you may call Chris  anytime for a balance.  Late charges will be assessed after the 20th of the month.

Water, sewer and garbage is billed bi-monthly and are mailed on the first of the month.  Bills are always due on the 20th.  The north side of town is billed January, March, May, July, September and November.  The south side is billed February, April, June, August, October and December.  The dividing line between north and south is Locust Street.

Ameren Illinois supplies electricity.  800.755.5000     https://www.chooseenergy.com/utility/ameren-il/

Nicor Gas supplies natural gas. 1-888-NICOR4U (642-6748)

Contact the Chamber of Commerce for a listing of businesses in town.  815.692.3899

Apartment Rental  http://fairburychamber.com/webpages/index.php?art=1149

Homes for sale    http://www.realtor.com/