Welcome to the City of Fairbury, Illinois
Fairbury…Where our history provides a vision for the future
201 W. Locust Street, PO Box 228, Fairbury, IL 61739 • 815.692.2743
Fax 815.692.3428 • www.cityoffairbury.com
Lynn Dameron, Mayor • Leroy E. McPherson, City Superintendent • Jan Ziegenhorn, City Treasurer
• Nancy Widlacki, City Clerk • Michael P. Frickey, Chief of Police • RT Finney, Interim Chief of Police
Click the link below for area attractions
A L E R T ! A L E R T ! A L E R T !
The Fairbury Police has received several complaints regarding the IRS scam. Please do not provide any information to anyone over the phone.
The IRS will never:
- Call to demand immediate payment, nor will the agency call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
- Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
- If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS and asking for money, here’s what you should do:
If you don’t owe taxes, or have no reason to think that you do:
- Do not give out any information. Hang up immediately.
- Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their “IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting” web page. You can also call 800-366-4484.
- Report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Use the “FTC Complaint Assistant” on FTC.gov. Please add “IRS Telephone Scam” in the notes.
- If you know you owe, or think you may owe tax:
The attached link explains the scam.
SPRING ALL TOWN GARAGE SALES THIS WEEKEND!
Triple A Window & Siding is in town soliciting
2016 golf cart registration stickers are available at the Police Department. Please bring in your current sticker number and proof of liability insurance to renew.
Public comment at an open meeting is governed by Chapter 2, section .07 of the municipal code of the City of Fairbury. Section .07 may be viewed here 07 RULES OF ORDER
MOST outdoor projects require a building permit. Examples include a fence, pool, patio/deck, shed, garage, addition. Please call Nancy at City Hall, 815.692.2743, for further clarification.
To reserve a shelter at North Park or Marsh Park, please call Larry Ray at 815.674.3660
City Hall is open Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We may be reached at 815.692.2743.
To reach Jan Ziegenhorn, firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach Leroy McPherson, email@example.com
To reach Nancy Widlacki, firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach Stephanie Houser, email@example.com
To reach RT Finney, firstname.lastname@example.org
Street Department, 815.692.3812, email@example.com
Sewer Department, 815.692.2911, firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Department, 815.692.2033, email@example.com
Police Department, 815.692.3347, firstname.lastname@example.org
~ You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward ~
Convenience fees will be applied BEFORE authorizing final payment
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/9195 Click this link to pay Utility Bills
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/9196 Click this link to pay Ordinance fees and violations
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/9197 Click this link to pay Vehicle Seizure fees
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/4797 Click this link to pay for Incidentals