Welcome to the City of Fairbury, Illinois
Fairbury…Where our history provides a vision for the future
201 W. Locust Street, PO Box 228, Fairbury, IL 61739 • 815.692.2743
Fax 815.692.3428 • www.cityoffairbury.com
Lynn Dameron, Mayor • Leroy E. McPherson, City Superintendent • Jan Ziegenhorn, City Treasurer
• Nancy Widlacki, City Clerk • Michael P. Frickey, Chief of Police • RT Finney, Interim Chief of Police
Click the link below for area attractions
Police Officer Fairbury Police Department – Fairbury, IL Full-time, Part-time
|The Fairbury Police Department is accepting applications for the positions of both full-time and part-time patrol officers. Police Officers are responsible for enforcing all State and Local Laws and upholding the U.S. and Illinois Constitution. The employee must be able to exercise sound independent judgment under stress. Assignments may include work on special tasks which call upon specialized abilities and knowledge possessed by the employee. Work assignments are general, and specific instructions are received from a supervisor who reviews work methods and results through reports, personal inspection and discussion.
Education Requirements: High school graduate or GED. (Law Enforcement experience is preferred but not required)
Other Requirements: Applicant must: be a U.S. citizen, possess a valid Illinois firearms owner identification card, possess valid Illinois driver’s license, be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, cannot have been convicted of a felony, and must pass the Illinois P.O.W.E.R (fitness) test.
**All candidates will be subjected to an extensive background investigation, which will include personal and employment references as well as traffic, criminal and credit history investigations. Once all of this information has been researched, the Chief of Police will evaluate the report and determine which applicants advance to the oral interview stage**
Salary: $38,563-$40,082 +benefits
Applications may be picked up/dropped off, mailed or fax to: Fairbury Police Department 201 W. Locust Street Fairbury, Illinois 61739 (815) 692-3347 Fax: (815) 692-3428 Monday – Friday between 8:00am and 4:00pm
Application Link: Application of Employment
SUMMER ALL TOWN SALES
Friday, July 29th & Saturday, July 30th
A L E R T ! A L E R T ! A L E R T !
The Fairbury Police has received several complaints regarding the IRS scam. Please do not provide any information to anyone over the phone.
The IRS will never:
- Call to demand immediate payment, nor will the agency call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
- Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
- If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS and asking for money, here’s what you should do:
If you don’t owe taxes, or have no reason to think that you do:
- Do not give out any information. Hang up immediately.
- Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their “IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting” web page. You can also call 800-366-4484.
- Report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Use the “FTC Complaint Assistant” on FTC.gov. Please add “IRS Telephone Scam” in the notes.
- If you know you owe, or think you may owe tax:
The attached link explains the scam.
You may contact the IRS at 800-366-4484
Public comment at an open meeting is governed by Chapter 2, section .07 of the municipal code of the City of Fairbury. Section .07 may be viewed here 07 RULES OF ORDER
MOST outdoor projects require a building permit. Examples include a fence, pool, patio/deck, shed, garage, addition. Please call Nancy at City Hall, 815.692.2743, for further clarification.
To reserve a shelter at North Park or Marsh Park, please call Larry Ray at 815.674.3660
City Hall is open Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We may be reached at 815.692.2743.
To reach Jan Ziegenhorn, email@example.com
To reach Leroy McPherson, firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach Nancy Widlacki, email@example.com
To reach Stephanie Houser, firstname.lastname@example.org
To reach RT Finney, email@example.com
Street Department, 815.692.3812, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sewer Department, 815.692.2911, email@example.com
Water Department, 815.692.2033, firstname.lastname@example.org
Police Department, 815.692.3347, email@example.com
~ You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward ~
Convenience fees will be applied BEFORE authorizing final payment
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/9195 Click this link to pay Utility Bills
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/9196 Click this link to pay Ordinance fees and violations
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/9197 Click this link to pay Vehicle Seizure fees
https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/4797 Click this link to pay for Incidentals